Is this the key to living longer?

When I was little when asked if I could wish for anything what would I wish for. My response would often be "immortality". Humans we strive to live longer and according to research they might have found a key.


According to recent research having a sense of purpose in life may add years to your life.
From sciencedaily:

"The research has clear implications for promoting positive aging and adult development, says lead researcher Patrick Hill of Carleton University in Canada:
"Our findings point to the fact that finding a direction for life, and setting overarching goals for what you want to achieve can help you actually live longer, regardless of when you find your purpose," says Hill. "So the earlier someone comes to a direction for life, the earlier these protective effects may be able to occur."
Previous studies have suggested that finding a purpose in life lowers risk of mortality above and beyond other factors that are known to predict longevity.
But, Hill points out, almost no research examined whether the benefits of purpose vary over time, such as across different developmental periods or after important life transitions."


Well isn't that sweet? The trick is finding your purpose. My purpose in life is finding my purpose,lol. I go where the wind takes me when it comes to likes and new experiences. The more I experience the more I learn about myself. There are patterns within in me that are strong that I know I can use to my benefit and keeps me going. One is my creativity and artistic talent. Regardless of what hobby I have picked up it usually have to do with using my creativity and artistic talent. Rather it was modeling and using jobs to express my self, blogging and designing my blog and graphics, or my business ventures of styling clothes. I tend to use those two things. So in a way my purpose in life is expressing myself through whatever art medium I pick up at the time. I do like to help others but being introverted I eventually have to go back to my shell to recharge my energy.



What is your purpose in life? If you haven't found it what are the strong patterns that keeps you going?


Bookmark and Share
Follow on Bloglovin