Quote of the Day - Chinese Proverb + Getting Personal

Great Souls have wills feeble ones have wishes chinese proverbs


I heard this proverb last night cited in this recording about will. I found it so profound that I decided to share.

soul y u no have will memeI feel like my meme. Why is it when I want to do something I end up putting it off or submitting to a change in plans that is not in my best interests in the long run? I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately.This soul searching was started by conflict and the deep pain that rose after. After the conflict I wanted to know why my reaction was the way it was and why this conflict arose in the first place so I started searching for information. Within listening and reading information wanting to know why my reaction was what it was I recognized the pattern of putting myself and interests only after others are taken care of so I decided that I need to stop. Now I'm trying to figure how to stop this pattern. The more I learn the more I am confident that I can break this pattern and the cool thing is that it has motivated me in other areas in my life like blogging. =)

One of the books I have listened to lately is The Power of Habit : Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business. This book has got me thinking about a lot of things like what does it mean to have a will. Since the audio book is so long, I'm going to have to listen to it a few more times just to absorb and catch things I missed within the first listen. So my journey continues!!!


Bookmark and Share
Follow on Bloglovin