Time to Workout! - Motivational Quote - Video


 I have been putting off working out since last Wednesday. Yesterday, I was texting back and forth with my friend Harvey, a photographer. He asked me if I have been working out to do swimwear posters, I replied with I haven't because of my period but I will start tomorrow. It's a legitimate excuse since I usually am extremely fatigued and in pain when she comes. Sometimes it's so bad that medication like Midol doesn't work. 
 Ten minutes later, I started to feel guilty because I realized that I really haven't been having that much pain. I have been crabby but not the usual curse-you-all-to-hell-pain. So to keep my word to myself (and relieve my guilt to lying to my friend), I did the workout video at the end of this post.

strive for progress not perfection unknown quote
Text says: Strive for progress, not perfection. Unknown
One thing I have to constantly remind myself is that I'm not going to get perfection the first try and that's okay. Instead of waiting until I have all the perfect steps, perfect timing and whatever else I need that I have decided that needs to be perfect and then acting I have to consciously remind myself to take myself slowly and do what I can because if I wait for perfection I'm never going to act.
In this case that would be working out toward the end days of my cycle when my body doesn't feel like the best condition but I know I can do it.

So with that said get up and do it. You know you want to meet your goal so get up and do it. Even if it's just five minutes for now until you work yourself up to 30 mins get up and do something. 

The beauty of doing it in your own home is that you won't have to worry about embarrassing yourself because no one is watching.
(( Sometimes I catch myself  laughing at myself because I know I look really awkward at my attempt to follow the exercise video.))


So
Get to it.


Gaiam's Wake Up Workout The FIRM: Cardio Dance Express on Hulu is great. It's episode 9 of season 1 of this series. While working out, I got into it and before I knew it I was furiously leaking of sweat!!! My shirt was soaking up my perspiration about ten minutes into it. Dancing videos are fun because they don't feel like a workout to me. This video has very nice and up beat music. It sounds like dance pop music that I imagine they play at cool lounges. I wouldn't really know since I don't have much of a social life here in Connecticut.

I'm going to post the referral message below just in case you want to join Hulu plus. ;-)

I'm watching my favorite TV shows with Hulu Plus. Try it now & get 2 weeks free! http://hulu.com/r/sLxESw

If you haven't already subscribe to my blog. 
Feel free to link, comment and share as well!
Bookmark and Share
Follow on Bloglovin